Code of Practice
1. NEVER, under any circumstances, to accept direct bookings from Clients who have been secured by the
2. To attend a Client meeting prior to the assignment without pay but with expenses to be paid by the client.
3. To clearly establish the Client’s exact requirements for the assignment using a prepared checklist.
4. To live in the Client’s house for the duration of the assignment, and time away from the pets and property
to be a maximum of four hours per day.
5. To ensure the Client’s house and pets are safe and secure during the assignment and the pets are cared for
according to the Client’s instructions.
6. To maintain the Client’s house in a clean and tidy manner and carry out any special instructions agreed with
the Client at the pre-meeting. On departure, to leave the pets groomed and the house as clean and tidy as
it was before the assignment.
7. To arrive punctually for the assignment and ensure the Client’s satisfaction on departure.
8. Not to have any visitors during the assignment without the prior agreement of the Client
nor to have any form of party at all. Strictly no overnight visitors, unless the client has given permission for
a spouse/partner to stay; this to be agreed with the Agency.
9. In an emergency, to follow the Client’s instructions given at the pre-meeting and to report to the Agency.
10. To contact the Agency immediately if unable to complete the assignment for any reason (illness, family
problems etc.) so that arrangements can be made by the Agency to cover the absence.
11. Not to drive the Client’s vehicles unless so instructed and only if certain that comprehensive insurance cover
12. Not to ride horses without the permission of the Client. To keep dogs on a lead for at least the first day or
duration of assignment according to clients instruction. To check all fencing personally. To check all animals
on arrival and daily.
13. To keep a record of any phone calls made and reimburse the Client for any of a private nature.
14. To inform the Client at the end of the assignment of any breakages or damage to the Client’s property.
15. To report to the Client any developments at the end of the assignment, including passing on any messages.
16. To collect from the Client the sitting charge and travelling expenses at 45p per mile.
17. To conduct themselves throughout the assignment as the responsible, thoughtful, kind and considerate
people they are and as the Agency promotes them.
GDPR – General Data Protection Regulations, effective from 25th May 2018.
Your personal data is protected by Home Pet People Ltd. and, as and when appropriate, is shared only
between Home Pet People Ltd., Client and Sitter.